Who We Are
We are a fellowship which stands for Jesus.
Evangelical Students (ES) is a community of Christian students who seek to GROW in God’s Word and be TRAINed together to REACH the campus and the world for Christ.
We invite you to join us in this mission on campus, and to grow in confidence as you share your faith.
Evangelical Students (formerly known as Evangelical Union) is an affiliate member of the Australian Fellowship of Evangelical Students (AFES) which has around 60 affiliate groups on 50 university campuses across Australia. The AFES was a founding member of the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students (IFES) which now has a presence in over 150 countries.
We are blessed to have both students and staff serving us at Evangelical Students. Our Student Executive serves us by helping to organise the club within the University, make decisions and organise events. Our staff help us by serving in discipleship, training, decision making and bible teaching. Together, they serve to help ES to GROW and TRAIN students in their faith, so that they can REACH the campus and the world for Christ. If you’d like know more, feel free to contact any member of the staff or executive team: We’d be more than happy to chat!
In practice, it is our prayer that students in ES would increasingly grow…
- to know God better through disciplined Bible reading
- to be dependent upon God in faithful prayer
- in our love for Christ, and reflect His love for others
- a mature and assured faith, exhibiting fruit of the Spirit
- in gospel unity as the body of Christ on campus
- to seek the kingdom of God above all
being trained to
- personally understand and interpret the Bible
- live faithful and prayerful lives, persevering to the end
- share the gospel, and lead others to know Christ
- joyfully and sacrificially serve others in the cause of Christ
in order to reach others by
- boldly and creatively proclaiming Jesus as Lord, in the context of public events and personal relationships
- supporting other gospel ministries here and abroad
- raising up future gospel workers from within our fellowship