You don’t need to be a Member to come along to Evangelical Students or FOCUS. All our events are open and we welcome anyone to come along. But Membership is an important way of partnering in the ministry of Evangelical Students for three reasons.
Membership demonstrates a commitment to the mission and values of ES and a desire to faithfully serve in ES as you’re able.
Membership fees contribute in a valuable way to the financial running of the ministry on a weekly basis.
Only Members are able to vote at our Annual General Meeting in Semester 2 where we elect our Executive Committee. This is why agreement to our Doctrinal Basis (below) is a condition of membership.
To become a member, you must agree to the Doctrinal Basis below, as well as pay a membership fee of $15, valid for one semester.
Evangelical Students upholds the fundamental truths of the Christian faith, including...
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of humanity since the fall, rendering men and women subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit and his birth by the Virgin Mary.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death, as our representative and substitute, of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective in the individual sinner, granting him or her repentance towards God, and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.