Mon 19 - Fri 23 July, 2021
From 20 AprilEarly Bird
Rego Open$ 345 Standard room
$ 295 Camping
Closes Fri 28 May
From 29 MayStandard Rego$ 365 Standard room
$ 315 Camping
Closes Fri 25 June
From 26 JuneLate Rego$ 385 Standard room
$ 335 Camping
Closes Fri 2 July
Fri 2 JulyRegistration ClosesLast day for registration, cancellation or refund
Ephesians 1:17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
Mid-Year Conference is a fun and memorable week - the one week in the year you shouldn't miss! Students from all campuses of UQ get together for 5 days exploring God's Word together through Bible talks, seminars, small groups, electives and of course - free time! Each year we focus on a topic designed to help us make sense of our world, and what it means to live as the people of God. This year's topic is...
To be revealed soon.
Everyone's welcome at MYC! And the time away at MYC is a great chance to check out Jesus and Christianity further.
At MYC there's a strand of studies during the week for those who want to explore Christianity. There's plenty of time to ask questions, and to dig as deep as you want to.
"Exploring Christianity at MYC was exactly what I needed coming from a non-religious background. We started with the evidence of Jesus from outside the Bible before going deeper and this was incredibly helpful. On top of that I made friends I will have for a lifetime and couldn’t be more thankful!"
- Sophie, 3rd yr Biomedical Science
There is a question on the registration form below to opt in to the Exploring Christianity strand.
- Check back soon. We'll post more information here regarding seminars and electives as they get finalised.
Watson Park offers options for Standard Room (shared) accommodation, and Camping. Your registration fee will vary depending on which accommodation option you choose.
1. Standard Rooms are carpeted with bunk beds and sleep 4 to 6 people. Some rooms also have their own ensuites.
2. The Camping option is a little cheaper but you will need to organise your own tent and sleeping mattress. You might light to coordinate with friends to share These campsites are unpowered, but there is a toilet block nearby.
We don't want finances to prevent anyone from coming to MYC. If you need financial assistance in order to make it to MYC, we encourage you to speak with one of the Staffworkers.
On the other hand, if you are able, we also welcome additional donations. That would be a wonderful way to joyfully serve others and help make it possible for them to come to MYC too. You can either do that as part of your registration below, or if you're a supporter of the ministry, a graduate, or simply a student who can't make it to MYC this year - you can make a donation using the form below.
To make a donation without registering, use the form below and in the field titled "I am a" select "Making a donation without registering"
337 Old Gympie Road
Dakabin Qld 4503
If you need help getting to MYC you can request a lift when you register. On the other hand, if you're driving yourself you can also offer to give others a lift. Transport arrangements will be organised in the days before MYC.
If you have questions about transport to MYC, contact Izzy Evans...
Please plan to arrive at...
10am Mon 19 July.
MYC will conclude at...
2pm Fri 23 July.
In addition to the usual camp stuff, don't forget to bring...
- Bedding - sleeping bag, or sheets and blakets
- Bible and pen
- Any required medication - this includes Panadol or Nurofen (N.B. we are NOT allowed to provide these for you if you get a headache since they are not considered First-Aid.)
- Tent and sleeping mattress (if you have chosen the Camping option)
Other things you might like to bring include...
- Board games or sporting equipment for free time
- Snacks for your small group time
- Insect repellent, hat, sunscreen
- Your Semester 2 timetable - this can help you get organised for what's starting on campus the following week e.g., Bible Talks, Small Groups etc.
We will also have a fabulous bookstall running throughout the week. We've chosen some great books related to our topic, as well as some other significant titles designed to stretch and encourage us to think deeply about the Bible and our world.
The planning and running of MYC requires us to commit to certain costs in the weeks before Camp based on registration numbers.
For this reason, we regret that we may be unable to issue of full refund to students in the event of a change or cancellation of registration after Friday 2 July.
However, if you do need to change your registration details before that date, contact...
On the other hand, if you have questions about how you're getting to MYC, contact your transport coordinator for your campus. The details for this person will be in your registration confirmation email.
In some rare cases people have reported that their payment has gone through, but they didn't receive a confirmation email completing their registration.
If you find yourself in this situation
1. Check your spam folder. Sometimes important emails end up here!
2. Contact Andrew Brown (email@example.com) and he'll help you sort out your registration.